- Energy rating
Consented Residential Development Opportunity
- Rare, consented residential conversion and development opportunity.
- Consented scheme of 12 dwellings comprising of a range of 4 and 5-bedroom detached dwellings.
- Fully implemented consent with Material Start on Site.
- Situated on the fringe of the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- 100% Open Market Scheme / no affordable provision.
- Characterful, secluded and private but well-connected location.
- Walled garden with a historic pineapple wall which is Grade II Listed.
- Easy commuting distance of Bristol, Bath, the M5 and the wider motorway network.
- Potential to further increase density of proposed development on site, subject to planning.
The site extends to approximately 7.0 acres (2.83 hectares) and offers a fantastic residential development opportunity in a sought after location within easy commuting distance of Bristol and Bath.
The site consists of the former retail premises, Blagdon Water Gardens. There is currently a total of 15 buildings on site including a walled garden with a historic pineapple wall which is Grade II Listed along with the remaining cottage and detached store.
The consented scheme of 12 homes comprises of a range of 4 and 5-bedroom detached dwellings. All dwellings within the scheme are Open Market with no Affordable Housing provision required and minimal S106 Financial Contributions.
Set within a rural location with views over the surrounding countryside, the site is located in an affluent and desirable position to the north of the A368 Bath Road, midway between Churchill and Burrington.
Upper Langford is situated in a rural location on the fringes of the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. To the east of Upper Langford is the M5 which provides easy access to Bristol and the wider South West. The A38 connects Upper Langford to Bristol and the A368 provides a further connection to Bath and Weston-Super-Mare.
Yatton Railway Station is conveniently located just 3.9 miles away and provides direct routes to Bristol Temple Meads, Weston-Super-Mare, and Cardiff Central. Bristol International Airport is 5.7 miles north of the site.
There have been a number of successful residential developments delivered in nearby villages such as Winscombe, Sanford and Langford and in light of the increased buyer demand in the area, the site provides an excellent opportunity to capitalise on this by either delivering or enhancing the existing planning consent to deliver a highly desirable development.
Director - Residential Development
JLL for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract;
- All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and other details are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers, tenants or third parties should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves that they are correct by inspection or otherwise;
- No person in the employment of JLL has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property;
- Any images may be computer generated. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken;
- If the Property is in Scotland, this correspondence is expressly subject to completion of formal legal missives in accordance with Scots Law.
© 2024 Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.