- Location and Transport
- More like this
Hawke Ridge Park
BA13 4LD Westbury
Residential/mixed use development land
- Excellent strategic land opportunity
- Approx. 14.4 hav (35.6 acre) undeveloped business park
- Implemented planning permission for up to c. 500,000 sq. ft. of employment space
- Actively marketed as a business park by commercial developers since 2011
- Wiltshire Council has identified an over-supply of employment land in the area
- Potential for residential development
- Serviced by new foul pumping station, new roundabout and all mains services
- Virgin and Openreach fibre connections
The site extends to c.14.4 ha (35.6 acres) of agricultural land and is served by a new 4 arm roundabout and foul pumping station.
A third party ownership and adopted lane effectively split the site down the middle and creates the opportunity for a phased development of part and the introduction of a wide range of separate uses.
The site is not subject to any protected landscape (national or local) designations, or any ecological, flood risk or other restrictive designations other than a very small area of the site's periphery (0.38 ha (0.93 acres)) that lies within Flood Zones 2 and 3.
The site has been extensively marketed for a number of years as a new business park. Despite a high profile marketing campaign, the current owners have been unsuccessful in attracting any occupiers despite having detailed planning permission and reserved matters for a range of building types.
Hawke Ridge is an excellent strategic land opportunity. The site extends to c. 14.4 ha (35.6 acres) of greenfield land. It is a fully serviced commercial development site benefitting from various outline and detailed planning permissions.
The present owners have promoted the site for employment uses for a number of years however despite a full and sustained marketing campaign there has been no viable demand for new office, warehouse or industrial development. Wiltshire Council commissioned an Employment Land Review in May 2018 which concluded that there is a ?significant' surplus of employment land in the A350 and West/ Central Wiltshire Towns area.
This consented site, with its planning history, creates an opportunity to promote the site for residential development.