- Energy rating
Residential/mixed use development land
- Excellent strategic land opportunity
- Approx. 14.4 hav (35.6 acre) undeveloped business park
- Implemented planning permission for up to c. 500,000 sq. ft. of employment space
- Actively marketed as a business park by commercial developers since 2011
- Wiltshire Council has identified an over-supply of employment land in the area
- Potential for residential development
- Serviced by new foul pumping station, new roundabout and all mains services
- Virgin and Openreach fibre connections
The site extends to c.14.4 ha (35.6 acres) of agricultural land and is served by a new 4 arm roundabout and foul pumping station.
A third party ownership and adopted lane effectively split the site down the middle and creates the opportunity for a phased development of part and the introduction of a wide range of separate uses.
The site is not subject to any protected landscape (national or local) designations, or any ecological, flood risk or other restrictive designations other than a very small area of the site's periphery (0.38 ha (0.93 acres)) that lies within Flood Zones 2 and 3.
The site has been extensively marketed for a number of years as a new business park. Despite a high profile marketing campaign, the current owners have been unsuccessful in attracting any occupiers despite having detailed planning permission and reserved matters for a range of building types.
Hawke Ridge is an excellent strategic land opportunity. The site extends to c. 14.4 ha (35.6 acres) of greenfield land. It is a fully serviced commercial development site benefitting from various outline and detailed planning permissions.
The present owners have promoted the site for employment uses for a number of years however despite a full and sustained marketing campaign there has been no viable demand for new office, warehouse or industrial development. Wiltshire Council commissioned an Employment Land Review in May 2018 which concluded that there is a ?significant' surplus of employment land in the A350 and West/ Central Wiltshire Towns area.
This consented site, with its planning history, creates an opportunity to promote the site for residential development.
Method of Sale
The site will be disposed of by way of an informal tender, offers will be invited on an unconditional or promotional basis.
If required, the vendors offer to provide ongoing assistance to the purchaser to verify the marketing history of the site.
Offers should be submitted to email@example.com by 1pm on Friday 1 March 2019.
Further information on the bids is attached in the brochure.
A data room with relevant technical, planning and legal information is available at: https://hawkeridge.live.jll.com
For access please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hawke Ridge is situated to the north of Westbury, a thriving market town with a population of around 20,000. It is located 1.5 miles from the County town of Trowbridge, 15 miles from Bath and 17 miles from Bristol. The site is situated close to the major employment areas of West Wiltshire Trading Estate and White Horse Business Park, together supporting more than 5,000 employees.
Westbury railway station, with trains to London Paddington taking c.1 hr 36 mins, is 1.3 miles from the site. The site is serviced by local bus routes that link to Bristol, Bath, Warminster and Salisbury.
Director - Residential Development
JLL for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract;
- All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and other details are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers, tenants or third parties should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves that they are correct by inspection or otherwise;
- No person in the employment of JLL has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property;
- Any images may be computer generated. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken;
- If the Property is in Scotland, this correspondence is expressly subject to completion of formal legal missives in accordance with Scots Law.
© 2023 Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.