- Energy rating
Prime redevelopment opportunity in Corby, Northamptonshire.
- Redevelopment opportunity measuring 2.13 acres and benefitting from direct highway access.
- JLL are appointed to dispose of the freehold interest of the site.
- A prime residential opportunity within short walking distance of Corby town centre and Corby Railway Station.
- Outline planning application submitted for up to 110 dwellings and flexible retail space.
The site extends to approximately 2.13 acres (0.86 ha) including the existing detached former Co-op food-store with its primary frontage and entrance onto Alexandra Road and associated car parking.
An Outline planning application for the site has been submitted for up to 110 dwellings with flexible ground floor retail space.
Offers are invited on either a conditional or unconditional basis for the freehold title.
Please contact the sole selling agent JLL for any additional information. Any 'on-stie' viewings are to be strictly by prior arrangement.
Upon receipt of your expression of interest, JLL will provide access to all the property specific information available including the legal and planning details.
The site sits within the jurisdiction of Corby Borough Council and Northamptonshire County Council.
An outline planning application (20/00155/OUT) has been submitted to Corby Borough Council for a residential mixed-use scheme which includes the demolition of the existing food-store and erection of up to 110 residential dwellings. The residential element at maximum density would comprise 29 houses and 81 apartments with 170 sq m of A1/A3 commercial floor space on the ground floor of the building on the corner of Alexandra Road and Wood Street.
Two indicative masterplan options have been submitted with the planning application and a third proposal is being discussed. In addition, an Economic Viability Analysis has been submitted which shows that the proposed scheme cannot support a contribution towards affordable housing.
The planning application has been dealt with by Pegasus Planning Group. Any enquiries regarding the application can be redirected by JLL to the appointed representative of Pegasus. Please do NOT make any direct enquiries to the planning authority at this stage of the application process. It is anticipated that the application will be determined in October 2020.
The Site is offered for sale by way of Informal Tender.
Offers are invited for the freehold interest of the whole site, either on an unconditional or subject to Reserved Matters Approval basis.
Offers should be made in writing and should include the following as a minimum:
- Details of the proposed scheme including indicative
- Layout and drawings
- Conditional associated with the offer
- Proposed timescales for exchange and completion
- Solicitors' details
- Payment profile and availability of funds.
Expressions of interest and offers should be address to Anabel Christmas, Residential Team, Nottingham and should be submitted in hard copy or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the Vendor is not obligated to accept the highest offer or indeed any bid submitted during the marketing process.
The Site is to be sold freehold with vacant possession upon legal completion.
Further information is available, including:
- Arboriculture Impact Assessment
- Contamination Report
- Energy and Sustainability Strategy
- Illustrative Masterplan Options
- Transport Statement
- Travel Plan
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Design & Access Statement
To be confirmed by the Seller's solicitor.
The site is located in Corby, which is Northamptonshire's third largest urban center. Corby sits 19 miles northeast of Northampton and 70 miles northwest of London.
The site is centrally located 200m to the north of the town centre, with vehicular access from Alexandra Road, close to its junction to George Street. The surrounding area comprises a mix of retail, leisure and residential uses. Oasis Retail Park, Willow Place and Corby Town Shopping Centre are situated immediately opposite.
The location provides access to the A43 and the M1 motorway beyond at Junction 15. The A1(M) is accessed via the A12 and A47 dual carriageway arterial route which provides access out of Corby Town Centre.
Corby is located approximately 35 miles from East Midlands Airport and the town has its own railway station, located approximately 800m east of the subject site and 700m from the town centre.
JLL for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract;
- All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and other details are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers, tenants or third parties should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves that they are correct by inspection or otherwise;
- No person in the employment of JLL has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property;
- Any images may be computer generated. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken;
- If the Property is in Scotland, this correspondence is expressly subject to completion of formal legal missives in accordance with Scots Law.
© 2023 Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.