Mark as favourite
Torquay Magistrates Court
TQ1 4BP Torquay
Size10,237 ft² / 951 m² (approx. 95 desks)
- Location and Transport
- More like this
Read more description
Town centre office property with frontage to main road network with car parking. Suitable for conversion or redevelopment.
The site contains a small associated unloading / parking area to the rear of the building. Beyond that is the Lymington Road Car Park.
It is a two storey building with small basement of concrete frame construction with facing masonry and brick under a flat roof with a lower ground floor and undercroft parking.
Windows are double-glazed casement units. Heating is gas- fired wet radiator system.
Internally the accommodation includes reception area offices and courtroom and cells at lower level.
The whole site extends to approximately 0.118 ha (0.291acres).
Strictly by appointment by the sole agents.
Location and Transport
The property is located in the centre of Torquay situated on Union Street. It is strategically located given its proximity to the principal vehicular routes into and out of the town – the A379 and A3022.
It is located within the urban area of Torquay which lies 22 miles (35 km) south of Exeter along the A380 on the north of Torbay, 38 miles (61 km) north-east of Plymouth, adjoining the neighbouring towns of Paignton and Brixham to the west.
The site is within the Town Centre boundary and is adjacent to the Lymington Road car park and the Town Hall and Council Offices.
Adjacent is the Grade II* listed St Mary Magdalene Church and the boundary wall and gate piers south of the church. The Magistrates Court itself is not listed but is located within a Conservation Area.
It is set back from the road. The topography falls away to the rear of the building and as such the building sits into the hillside along Trematon Avenue.
JLL for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract;
- All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and other details are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers, tenants or third parties should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves that they are correct by inspection or otherwise;
- No person in the employment of JLL has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property;
- Any images may be computer generated. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken;
- If the Property is in Scotland, this correspondence is expressly subject to completion of formal legal missives in accordance with Scots Law.
© 2021 Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.