Development Land for Sale, Hayes Road, Sully, Vale of Glamorgan
Penarth, CF64 5ZE
Please contact us for price
- Space Available
18.75 ac / 7.588 ha
Director - Industrial & Logistics
- Facilities & services
- Energy rating
A self-contained site allocated for employment use, directly overlooking the Bristol Channel
- A self contained site allocated for employment use, with potential for alternative uses subject to planning
- Directly overlooking the Bristol Channel
- Approx. site area: 7.6 hectares (18.75 acres)
The site is capable of accommodating projects from 929 sq m (10,000 sq ft) to 13,900 sq m (150,000 sq ft), subject to planning.
The site is allocated for employment in the Vale of Glamorgan Local Development Plan 2011-2026 as site MG 9(7) for Use Classes B1 and B8. The LDP was adopted in June 2017 and this also highlights the potential use of certain employment sites for sustainable waste management (Policy SP8).
By way of background, outline planning permission was granted on 10 January 1989 for uses within Class B1 of the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes Order 1987) subject to conditions.
Ancillary uses within other use classes may be possible, subject to planning.
The site lies adjacent to a coastal SSS1 and we are informed that a 2-hectare area of land must be retained to provide a buffer between development and the coastline. This buffer is to take the form of a 50-metre wide landscaped site.
For the sale of the freehold interest, with vacant possession upon completion, we are instructed to quote £990,000. Please note that this figure is quoted exclusive of VAT.
Each party to bear their own professional costs incurred in the transaction.
Strictly by appointment through the agents.
The site is situated on the eastern outskirts of Barry in an established mixed use area and located approximately seven miles south west of Cardiff City Centre via the A4050 and A4232 Ely Link Road. Access to the M4 motorway is via Junction 33 and Cardiff International Airport is within six miles
Nearby major commercial developments include Dow Corning, Dow Chemicals, Centrica (Gas Powered Station), Hexion Chemicals, BOC, Ty Hafan Children’s Hospice and residential development. Nearby trading estates include Atlantic Trading Estate and Ty Verlon Industrial Estate.
The site with its coastal frontage, comprises a fairly level, roughly ‘L’ shaped site extending to a total area of approximately 7.6 ha (18.75 acres) with a coastal footpath running along the coastline.
Director - Industrial & Logistics
JLL for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract;
- All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and other details are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers, tenants or third parties should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves that they are correct by inspection or otherwise;
- No person in the employment of JLL has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property;
- Any images may be computer generated. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken;
- If the Property is in Scotland, this correspondence is expressly subject to completion of formal legal missives in accordance with Scots Law.
© 2023 Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.