- Location and Transport
- More like this
Collaton St Mary Residential Development
76b Totnes Road, Beechdown Park
TQ4 7PS Paignton
Residential Development Opportunity
- Approximately 18.42 hectares (45.53 acres)
- Allocated for development in the adopted Torbay Local Plan and Collaton St Mary Masterplan.
- Potential for approximately 300 residential units.New key point...
- Planning permission granted for access road, junction with Totnes Road and demolition of existing farm buildings.
- The site received grant funding (approximately £850,000 remaining) from the Land Release Fund which is available as a contribution towards site works and surveys.
- Funding set aside for Section 106 works relating to offsite flood attenuation scheme within Collaton St Mary village
- 0 hectares of land on an adjacent site for ecology mitigation and offsetting.
- The purchaser shall be required to deliver 30% of the proposed scheme as affordable housing.
- The successful developer will need to enter into affordable housing transfer document with TorVista homes or another nominated Registered Provider by Council.
The site is located to the south of Totnes Road (A385)
within the village of Collaton St Mary. The village is a
key arrival point into Torbay, amenities include a public
house, church, school and BMW car dealership.
Collaton St Mary lies approximately 5 miles to the
south west of Torquay, 2 miles west of Paignton and
25 miles south of Exeter.
The site comprises a former farm. The buildings were
vacated in c. 2005 and the fields vacated in February
2019. It extends to approximately 18.42 hectares
(45.53 acres) and rises up towards the south. Boundaries
are defined by trees and mature hedgerows. The site
is bordered by a mixture of residential dwellings and
fields to the north, east and west and by open fields
to the south.
Tender Submission date & time:
Friday 4 December 2020 at 12:00 Noon
n Bids will be assessed using a single criteria: Price
n The Council requires that a 10% non-refundable deposit shall
be payable upon exchange of contracts.
n The contract allows for a 12 month period to obtain full planning
consent, at which point the purchaser will be obliged to pay the
balance. The purchaser can waive this option and complete
the purchase at any point.
n Tenderers are required to register their interest and submit
formal tenders by accessing the e-tendering portal
( www.supplyingthesouthwest.org.uk ), selecting opportunity
ID: DN504607 (Sale of Freehold Land at Little Blagdon Farm)
and completing the on-line tender form.