Former Goods Yard
62-70 Pershore Street
Birmingham, B5 4ST
Please contact us for price
- Space Available
0.27 ac / 0.109 ha
Lead Director - Residential
- Energy rating
Former goods yard site totalling approx 0.27 acres.
- Situated in the heart of Birmingham City Centre
JLL are appointed to dispose of the Former Goods Yard at 62 – 70 Pershore Street, Birmingham, B5 4ST. Situated in the heart of Birmingham city centre the site measures approximately 0.27 acres
The site is bounded by Pershore Street to the east and wrapped around by the existing leisure scheme known as “The Arcadian Centre” for the remaining boundaries. This is a prime development opportunity located within a short walking distance from Birmingham’s main retail offering and Birmingham New Street Railway Station.
The site falls under the jurisdiction of Birmingham City Council (BCC).
The site is not currently allocated for a specific use or development. However, within the immediate vicinity of the site two schemes, The Forum (11 storeys with 336 apartments) and True Student Birmingham - 42/45 Upper Dean Street/ Pershore Street (399 student beds), have received planning permission for apartment based developments and are now complete and under construction respectively.
Informal discussions have been held with Birmingham City Council (BCC) to confirm potential for the redevelopment of the subject site. The key planning policy’s to consider include but are not limited to: Policy GA1: City Centre, Policy TP28: The location of new housing and Policy TP30: The type, size and density of new housing. Dependent on the type of proposed accommodation Policy TP33: Student Accommodation may also apply.
No schemes have been favoured and it should be noted that the opposite side of the road is allocated as ‘City Centre - Southern Gateway’ for mixed use development. The same area is also designated within the Smithfield Masterplan. The subject site is not within either of these allocations. The site also is not in a Conservation Area.
Interested parties with planning enquiries should contact Birmingham City Council Planning Department.
The site is to be sold with the benefit of a 250 year lease at peppercorn rent and with vacant possession upon legal completion
The site is located in Birmingham, the United Kingdom’s second city. Birmingham sits 100 miles north west of London and 70 miles south east of Manchester.
Located between the Gay and Chinese Quarters, 500m to the south of the city centre, the site is surrounded by an extensive mix of occupiers including residential, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, car parking, comedy clubs, The Royal Ballet & The Hippodrome Theatre’s.
The area is benefiting from significant investment in local public realm. The Southside Public Realm improvements are due to complete by Spring 2022. They will create a cultural heart and improve connections with the city centre and New Street Station. 1 minute to the east is Smithfield, a 42-acre joint venture between the Council and Lendlease which will bring new homes, employment and significant new public realm to the area.
The location provides access to the A38 (Bristol Street) and M6 motorway beyond at Junction 6. The A456 is accessed via Broad Street which provides access out of Birmingham City Centre and M5 motorway at Junction 3 beyond.
Lead Director - Residential
JLL for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract;
- All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and other details are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers, tenants or third parties should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves that they are correct by inspection or otherwise;
- No person in the employment of JLL has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property;
- Any images may be computer generated. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken;
- If the Property is in Scotland, this correspondence is expressly subject to completion of formal legal missives in accordance with Scots Law.
© 2023 Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.