50 Sheepcote Street
Birmingham, B16 8AJ
Please contact us for price
- Space Available
0.6 ac / 0.243 ha
Lead Director - Residential
- Energy rating
Prime city centre redevelopment opportunity with potential for high density new build development
- Site extends to c 0.68 acres
- Site is offered with the benefit of a new 250 year long leasehold interest
Situated just off Broad Street to the west of Birmingham city centre the site measures c.0.68 acres.
The site is bounded by Sheepcote Street to the east, Essington Street to the north and wrapped around by hotel and leisure accommodation for the remaining boundaries.
This is a prime high-density development opportunity located within a short walking distance from Birmingham’s vibrant leisure, retail, and commercial offerings.
The site extends to c.0.68 acres (0.28 ha). The site and existing building does not have a specific land-use designation in the BDP.
Its current use is education, with ancillary surface car parking. The accommodation on site comprises a primary building with a first floor walkway to a detached rear block which in total extends to c.34,000 sq ft GIA.
Offers are invited on both a conditional and unconditional basis for a 250 year long leasehold interest.
Please contact the sole selling agent JLL for access to the data room and any other additional information.
The site falls under the jurisdiction of Birmingham City Council. There are no current planning approvals for the site itself. Planning history for the site relates to its former education function, comprising minor amendments to the existing building; and the creation of the 1st floor walkway linking the primary building with the detached rear block and a new 1st floor element to this block.
The subject site is centrally located, 600m to the west of the city centre, with vehicular access from Sheepcote Street, close to its junction to Broad Street. Brindleyplace is less than a 2 minute walk with the city centre’s retail core (including the Mail Box and the Bull Ring), together with New Street train station, within a 15 minute walk. Five Ways train station, which provides connections to The University of Birmingham is an 8 minute walk to the south.
Lead Director - Residential
JLL for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract;
- All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and other details are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers, tenants or third parties should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves that they are correct by inspection or otherwise;
- No person in the employment of JLL has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property;
- Any images may be computer generated. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken;
- If the Property is in Scotland, this correspondence is expressly subject to completion of formal legal missives in accordance with Scots Law.
© 2023 Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.