- Facilities & services
- Energy rating
Former AGA Rangemaster site - For Sale.
- Total site area (less land bound blue) of approximately 8.8 acres (3.56 ha)
- Approximately 11,972 sq m (128,868 sq ft) GIA of existing buildings
The site is of an irregular shape and measures c.8.8 acres (3.56 hectares) in total. Access is currently via Wellington Road which runs to the eastern boundary of the site. The gradient of the site falls from Wellington Road in a westerly direction. We understand there is also a culvert to the western boundary which runs underneath the site, of which part of the watercourse is visible from the site.
The site has been used as a foundry for more than 300 years and currently comprises several large industrial warehouse buildings which vary in age. Many have had modern extensions and the buildings vary in terms of specification and repair. There are also areas of surface cark parking, turning, delivery and yard areas. We understand that the existing buildings comprise approximately 11,972 sqm (128,868 sq ft) as per the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) website.
The site falls within the planning jurisdiction of Telford and Wrekin Council and we understand it has been in industrial use for a significant period of time.
The site is situated within a Conservation Area and lies within Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site (WHS) resulting in it being regarded as a heritage asset of significance.
The site is also located near to a number of listed buildings and the setting of each would need to be taken into consideration when undertaking any future redevelopment of the site.
The majority of the site falls within Flood Zone 3. Further information on planning is provided within the Planning Overview Statement which is accessible via the Information Pack. Interested parties should rely on their own planning research and discussions with the Local Planning Authority when formulating an offer.
The site is to be sold freehold. The vendor will provide Vacant Possession upon completion.
Please note the building bound in blue has been donated by AGA to Ironbridge Gorge Museum and hence will not form part of the disposal. Access rights for this area are subject to confirmation.
Information Pack Further information relating to the site is available on request, including:
• Topographical survey
• Phase 1 Geo Environmental Report
• Flood risk and drainage strategy report
• Site plan
• Planning overview statement
• Legal overview pack
The site is situated in the village of Coalbrookdale, less than a mile north of Ironbridge, approximately 5 miles from Telford to the north east, 15 miles from Shrewsbury to the west and 37 miles from Birmingham city centre to the east.
Junction 4 of the M54 is approximately 6 miles away. The M54 leads to Birmingham via the M6 to the east and Shrewsbury to the west.
The nearest train station is located at Telford Central, approximately 4 miles to the north of the site.
A freight railway line runs adjacent to the western boundary of the site which serves Ironbridge Power Station, with industrial and residential properties located to the north and east of the site respectively.
Director - Planning & Development
JLL for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract;
- All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and other details are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers, tenants or third parties should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves that they are correct by inspection or otherwise;
- No person in the employment of JLL has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property;
- Any images may be computer generated. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken;
- If the Property is in Scotland, this correspondence is expressly subject to completion of formal legal missives in accordance with Scots Law.
© 2023 Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.