- Energy rating
Appledore Shipyard comprising Bidna Yard and Newquay Yard.
The property comprises two separate parts being Bidna Yard and Newquay built in 1970.
The yard's capability is in the construction of self-floating and barge transports. These can be delivered up to a length of 130m length and 12,000 Dwt. The yards have delivered around 200 vessels, the largest being HMS Scott (Length 131.0m, Beam 21.5m and weight 9,498 tonnes).
Bidna Yard comprises a covered facility incorporating an effective site area of 18,437 sqm with a building area of 9,260 sqm. This includes a building dock (118m x 33.5m wide), This can accommodate a vessel up to 10,500 dead weight tonnes, max draft of 4.5m, max air draft of 14.5m and max lifting capacity over dock of 120 tonnes. The equipment remaining within the building includes 28 cranes.
Newquay Yard and buildings comprise an outfitting quay and tidal wet berth. This includes a 200m length of mooring quay on a tidal mud berth, small craft facility with 2 x 15 tonnes cranes, 18.3 tonnes steel cutter and slipway with 600 tonnes winch and housing.
There is a substantial amount of fixtures, fittings and plant remaining on site and this includes a dock tug boat. These items are intended to be used by the ingoing tenant and reflected in the lease terms.
Located in Appledore close to the town of Bideford in North Devon. Direct access to the River Torridge.
Director - Business Space
JLL for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:
- The particulars are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract;
- All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and other details are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers, tenants or third parties should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves that they are correct by inspection or otherwise;
- No person in the employment of JLL has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property;
- Any images may be computer generated. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken;
- If the Property is in Scotland, this correspondence is expressly subject to completion of formal legal missives in accordance with Scots Law.
© 2023 Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.