- No Commission
Hood Road Goods Shed SiteFavourite
The Innovation Quarter
CF62 5QR Barry
8,150.00 ft² (757.16 m²)
Price on application
The property, also known as Gwalia Buildings, is a heritage railway building of traditional brick construction set under a patched and slated roof comprising a former goods shed of approximately 592 sq m (6371 sq ft) together with a part two storey, part single storey office building of approximately 165 sq m (1778 sq ft).
The building is occupied under the following tenancy agreements:
- The former goods shed, the upper floor of the office building and the land around the site is let to BRECO (Barry Railway Engineering Company (BRECO) Limited) for a period of 10 years from 03 May 2010 at a peppercorn rent.
- The ground floor of the office building is let to Silver Star DIY on a yearly periodic tenancy at £1,700 per annum.
The site is being offered to the market with the aim of securing a mixed use development with an emphasis on design quality, comprising two or more of the following uses:
- Food and Drink (Use Class A3)
- Business (Use Class B1)
- Financial and Professional Services (Use Class A2)
- Non Residential Institutions (Use Class D1)
- Assembly and Leisure (Use Class D2)
- Shops (Use Class C3 as an enabler)
- Live/Work (as an enabler)
Method of Sale
The site is offered for sale by way of an informal tender on the basis of the terms and conditions set out in the Strategic Brief: Guide for Bidders.
Tenders are to be submitted in the manner prescribed within the brief and delivered to the Head of Legal Services, The Vale of Glamorgan Council, Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry, CF63 4RU in an official tender envelope by 12 Noon on Friday 11 August 2017.
A copy of the Strategic Brief: Guide for Bidders, tender form and official envelope will be made available to prospective purchasers on request.
The purchaser will be required to pay the Council's reasonable legal and surveyor's fees up to a maximum of £5,000. VAT will be payable on the purchase price.
Barry is a coastal town approximately 14km (9 miles) southwest of Cardiff. The site occupies a prime location at the heart of the Innovation Quarter, a 19 acre mixed use development, south west of the town centre within the Barry Waterfront regeneration area.
The site is strategically situated at an important highway junction on the main spine road which connects the Waterfront to Barry Island seaside resort. Nearby occupiers include an ASDA supermarket, Premier Inn, Brewers Fayre restaurant, the award winning Grade 2 listed Hydraulic Pump House conversion, the Business Services Centre and the West Quay Medical Centre.