London, 26 May 2015
Ben Burston | +44 (0)20 7399 5289
The Q1 2015 edition of the Central London office market report explores how the strong combination of robust leasing activity and supply constraints continues to drive rental growth.
Key highlights include:
- There has been a strong start to 2015 despite the upcoming election
- Occupier take-up is being supported by record employment growth, with 2014 seeing the fastest growth in London since the late 1990s
- Overall vacancy across Central London fell below 5% in Q1, and is likely to fall further during 2015
- The strong combination of robust leasing activity and supply constraints continues to drive rental growth
- The total trading volume of £3.4 billion marked a very strong start to 2015, the highest deal volume for Q1 since 2007
- Sovereign wealth funds and insurance companies continue to be among the most prominent buyers.