Beach Road, Woolacombe , EX34 7AB
Ref No. 7488
Beach Road, Woolacombe, EX34 7AB, Devon, , South West
Woolacombe lies on the North Devon coast between Croyde and Ilfracombe in the parish of Morthoe. It is a long well regarded and popular beach destination with a 3 mile sandy beach, much favoured by surfers. The beach has been recognaised a number of times in National Awards as Britain’s best beach. The village population swells considerably in the warmer months. Access is along the South West Coastal path and via Barnstaple (M5 Junction 27 is circa 50 miles).
The hotel itself occupies a prominent position on the approach to the beach and has elevated views over the surrounding National Trust countryside and the coast line.
Redeveloped from an original Victorian Hotel named the Combes the Royal Hotel was substantially extended and remodeled in the 1960’s to create an impressive 100 bedroom building with extensive facilities and 35 bedroom staff block. The building has an impressive footprint within a circa 2 acres plot that is tiered on three levels to provide the hotel and associated parking areas. The hotel, whilst showing an impressive turnover, trades quietly with 25% coaching trade and the remaining 75% through private business from which 50% comes from OTA’s. The current owner’s, whilst maintaining the fabric of the building, have not been in a position to inject the capital needed to bring the hotel up to modern day standards for which there is clear indication of a ready, willing and able customer base at much higher room rates.
- Substantial Hotel in popular North Devon coastal location
- 100 bedrooms (trading from 91)
- Various public rooms to include guest lounges, bar, restaurant (200 covers), and function suite
- Trades at excess £1M net sales
- Revenue split 75% private, 25% coaching
- Two acre plot
- Former 35 bed staff block and squash court
- Suits repositioning and redevelopment
- Capital investment required
Offers over £1.6m are sought for the freehold complete with goodwill and trade contents (subject to inventory) but excluding personal items. Stock at valuation.
The accommodation is available by way of a freehold sale.
Strictly by appointment by the sole agents.
+44 (0)139 242 9309
+44 (0)139 242 9381
+44 (0) 139 242 9314
Additional Property Information:
JLL for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that:-
a. the particulars are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, an offer or contract;
b. all descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and other details are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers, tenants or third parties should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves that they are correct by inspection or otherwise;
c. no person in the employment of JLL has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property;
d. Any images may be computer generated. Any photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken.
For properties in Scotland:
e. This correspondence is expressly subject to completion of formal legal missives in accordance with Scots Law
Copyright © Jones Lang LaSalle IP Inc 2017. All rights reserved.